Monday, May 30, 2011

Season in Flull Swing!!!

The warm weather is finally upon us, with today's high in the Boston area close to 90, and the racing season is under way.

Yesterday, Katie and I ran in Boston's Run to Remember. I did the half marathon and she did the 5 miler. Between the two races, there were close to 7500 runners. We both set PR's, and I finished 19th overall with a time of 1:25. My goal for the race was 1:23, but the humidity and sun got to me.

Three weeks ago I raced in my first tri of the season, a sprint and was able to win my AG, placing 6th overall. Next up, in two weeks, is another sprint, and then a half ironman in the third week of June.

We are both scheduled to race in the inaugural BAA 10k on June 26th, which starts and ends on the Boston Common. This should be a fun and fast course. The top three male finishers from the 2011 Boston Marathon will be racing, and I'm planning on smoking them all!!!

My marathon training is going pretty well, and there have been no setbacks. My peak mileage, will be around 65 mpw, and I'm currently around 50 mpw. Combined with my swimming and biking, it feels like I have a second job with all of my training! This month I'll be around 200 miles for running, 570 miles for biking, and 40,000 yards of swimming. The marathon in which I'm hoping to qualify for Boston (Lehigh Valley in PA) is being run on September 11th. For some reason, I'm thinking that 2:57 is a nice time to run, so that will be my goal pace time, which should allow for any discrepancies in distance from my Garmin to the actual course, if I want to come in under 3:00 (giving me that 10 minute qualifying cushion).

We'll continue to post as the season progresses. Hope everyone else is having a great spring!

                              Here are Katie and I after the weekend race:

1 comment:

  1. What a great report for this early in the spring (maybe it's almost summer but it's been real cold in California). Sounds like you are on or ahead of schedule for Boston. In my optimism we already booked a room at the Marriott for Patriot's Day. I'm impressed with your time for the half. But watch out for those injuries. Remember to rest and listen to your body. Your running will keep me going.

    ReplyDelete